3/28/2011

Wine and Cupcakes

This weekend my husband and I threw together a last minute getaway to Santa Barbara. We got some great wine tasting recommendations from a friend {Santa Barbara is filled with vineyards} and this one was my idea of heaven. Saarloos & Sons offers wine pairings with cupcakes. You taste each wine with a specifically paired cupcake and your mouth is a happy camper. Pretty much the highlight of a pretty spectacular weekend.

The adorable tasting house.
02_front


The interior design is spectacular. The owner's wife is a designer, who did an amazing job with the place.
02_wine

LOVED the back tasting room with silhouette wallpaper. Every detail was gorgeous. Even the glass "spit bucket" to pour out your excess wine - it was the glass skull below.
02_tasting


I enjoyed my wine and cupcakes {the flavors included amazing goodies like Chocolate Blackberry Syrah and Strawberry Chardonnay.} The labels were stunning {the pattern was taken from the owner's grandmother's wallpaper.}
02_yum


We spent half our money on wine - and the other half on home decor. There's an adorable home goods store in the front - those felted wool animal heads now live above my mantel, and if the car was bigger, I probably would have taken a canopy chair too {even though there is absolutely no room for one in my house!}
02_homeshop

Overall, an amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment