3/02/2011

Design Blogger Series: What Would You Do?

Today I am so excited to have four more talented and very crafty design bloggers participate in the fourth,  Design Blogger Series: What Would You Do?  Kate Riley of Centsational Girl, Stefanie of Brooklyn Limestone, Megan of Honey We’re Home, and Layla Palmer of The Lettered Cottage {all amazing DIYers} were asked to design a look around the Bailey Bench from Jayson Home & Garden by incorporating four or so  home décor items of their choosing.
chic white upholstered bench with nailhead
This chic upholstered bench with with hand-rubbed black mahogany and antique bronze nailheads is 61"W x 20.5"D x 18"H. 
centsational girl bedroom design{Kate’s from Centsational Girl}
"When Cristin asked me to design a room around the Bailey bench, I immediately began dreaming of a 'money is no object' serene and sophisticated bedroom space, one I would surely design just for me if I was a single gal with a large bank account!  Cool grays, crisp white, soft teals, golden hues, mixed with linen fabrics and the softest patterned textiles.  I love so many of these accessories, I may have to sneak some of them into my own shared master bedroom!"

Sources: Eclipse chandelier from Z Gallerie, Filmore headboard {mist} by Serena & Lily,   Italian sheeting by Restoration Hardware, White lacquer nightstand from Era Interiors {pair to flank the bed}, Peacock azure pillow by Dwell Studio, Capri bottle lamp {gray} by Jonathan Adler, Circle fret rug by Dash & Albert, Devon mirror from Z Gallerie.

brooklyn limestone blog dining design{Stefanie’s from Brooklyn Limestone}
“Hi everyone - its Mrs. Limestone of Brooklyn Limestone here.  As far as I'm concerned, nothing is better than imaginary shopping - all of the fun and none of the guilt!
Don't ask me why but this lovely bench made me think of Paris.  And for a travel lover like me, there is nothing better than decorating around wonderful memories abroad.
I imagined a glamorous couple that has fabulous yet intimate dinner parties with the best food, wine and company. This space would be just off their impossibly gorgeous kitchen - a spacious eat in area with a French twist - perfect for reading the paper and eating croissant or throwing a fabulous fete.” The space would include lots of flicking candles on the flat surfaces and lots of black and white travel photography covering the walls.

Sources: Marble top dining table, Oversized clock from Restoration HardwareWindow treatments in Summer Palance Fret fabric, reclaimed herringbone floors,  Sideboard from Wisteria, a pair of Louis XVI square back side chairs from Ballard Designs, Glass pendant lighting by Pottery Barn, Paris B&W photography by Mrs. Limestone.
honey we're home blog bedroom design{Megan’s from Honey We’re Home}
“I started with the bed, feeling that the streamlined bedposts paired well with the legs of the beautiful bench.  I then added the suzani inspired rug for a graphic punch.  I’ve had my eye on those octagonal horn mirrors forever and since they are only 12 inches, thought they would look great in a pair, stacked on top of each other.  The mirrored side table and chandelier brought in the glamour.  Feeling Spring on the horizon, I wanted to add a bit of color with the pink pillows and tulips.  The aqua patterned drapes complete the look."

Sources: Oly Studio Willa bed from Layla Grace, Tuxedo chandelier from Z Gallerie, Park mirrored dresser from Pottery Barn, Octagonal horn mirrors from Wisteria, Flower bowl by Kate Spade, Drapes by Cococozy, Throw pillows by Fabricadabra & Cococozy, Rug from Wisteria.

the lettered cottage blog bedroom design{Layla’s from the Lettered Cottage}
“The bench has sort of a "yesterday-meets-today" feel. The lines are classic, but the finishes and colors are contemporary. What a great combination!  I chose a variety of items that spoke to both styles. An industrial-looking dresser from Anthropologie that says, "Hi. I'm old- but check out the big, bold graphics on my drawer fronts." A button-tufted, but boxy-shaped, charcoal-gray suede headboard from West Elm. Smooth and shiny bedside lamps, with rough and rustic shades from Pottery Barn. Crisp, white bedding (complete with little gray pinstripes) from Restoration Hardware, paired with a vintage-washed gray quilt (also RH) and colorful, and boldy-patterned, accent pillows from Luna Bazaar. And because I love the way plants bring movement and life into a room, I threw in a few mossy terra cotta pots filled with fresh greenery. :-) ”

Sources: Headboard material faux suede in charcoal herringbone from West Elm, Anthropologie Dresser, Navy & white throw pillows, White and gray bedding from Restoration Hardware, Gray quilt from Restoration Hardware, Mercury glass lamps from Pottery Barn.

A big thank you and hug to Kate, Stefanie, Megan and Layla for participating in this series!

Each design is gorgeous in my book. Which one catches your eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment