2/15/2011

Rug Genius

I was pretty underwhelmed by this month's Elle Decor - it seems as though Margaret Russell (the former editor in chief, and now the e-i-c for Architectural Digest) has taken all her magical fairy dust with her. I didn't love any of the spreads enough to pull out any images, and the spreads all seems very disjointed - like they were trying to please too broad of an audience...

However, they DID somewhat redeem themselves by sharing that there is now an Alexander McQueen line of rugs and pillows at the Rug Company. If you love fashion and interior design, then you know this is a match made in heaven.

Alexander McQueen is a fantastic designer (who made a very sad choice last year to leave us)... I am still so enamored with his skull scarves...

The crossover to rugs and pillows is absolutely fabulous! LOVE the skull rug...

OR the gold skull pillow...
While I know we all overdid it with the skull motif about 2 or 3 years ago, I do feel like the McQueen motif is a classic.

But what really got my heart fluttering was this hummingbird rug...

No comments:

Post a Comment