12/31/2010

2011: New Year, New Life (?)


2011 will mark some major milestones in my life:

March 2011: David and I will welcome our first child -- a boy.
May 2011: David will turn 30.
June 2011: I will turn 30.
September 2011: David and I will celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary.
November 2011: Marks my 5th year as a licensed attorney (unfortunately, I'll be missing my 5th year reunion in April due to above mentioned baby). Of course, that still makes me the baby of our legal department, but there is something to be said for getting past the first few, really tough years of being a young attorney.

In many ways, the dawn of the second decade of the now not-so-new millennium marks Dave's and my entrance into actual adulthood. Sure, we've technically been adults for over a decade, but I'll admit that we both indulged in the extended adolescence that our society has long allowed twenty-somethings. And we've very much enjoyed all the traveling, eating out, etc. that our disposable income and lack of kids has allowed us. Am I a bit scared at the prospect of this transition? Absolutely, but I think I'm finally ready to embrace adulthood, motherhood and this new year.

But enough of the serious stuff; have a wonderful New Year's Eve and a very Happy New Year! See y'all back next week for some updates on the nursery (I swear my absence in blogland this week is due primarily to being productive!) and more design inspiration.

Photograph courtesy of Elle Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment