5/16/2011

Car Query

Locked, loaded and ready to roll!

Yes, I know I've been a very bad blogger, but y'all may be unsurprised to hear that being a new mom and blogging regularly aren't exactly simpatico. In any case, while I promise better, design-oriented posts later this week, I wanted to pop in this morning and get folks' thoughts on cars.

2011 Acura RDX

While this isn't exactly a car blog, I thought you, my lovely and smart readers, might have some valuable opinions and insights on purchasing a "mom" car. After swearing up and down I wasn't going to succumb and trade in one of our small sedans for a SUV just because I happened to have a 15-lb. bundle of joy...well, just 10 weeks in, and I'm succumbing and we're going to start looking for a smaller, crossover SUV later this year.

2011 Volvo XC60

So here are my criteria: (1) comfortably fits rear-facing car seat while allowing ample room in the front for 6'-plus parents (something our current cars do not allow); (2) reasonable amount of cargo space for carting gear, groceries and the occasional flea-market score; (3) not so big that I'll detest driving it (I had a 4-runner for exactly a year in law school before trading down to a Matrix -- it was way too big for me then, and still is now); and (4) under $35k. Oh and yeah, I'd like leather seats, too.

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan

Tall order? I certainly hope not! Right now, I'm thinking about the Acura RDX, the Volvo XC60 and the Volkswagen Tiguan. I currently own an Acura TSX (and love it; we'll be trading in Dave's older Pontiac Grand Prix), but I have very little experience with Volvos or Volkswagens personally. There are things that I like and dislike about each of these models, but I'd prefer to hear your opinions uncolored by my own so I won't go into details here. 

Have you owned any of these cars or know of someone who does? If so, would you recommend one (or all of them)? Do you have any other suggestions? Regardless, would very much appreciate your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment